We’ve been getting some very tasty looking pictures and recipes from you since we added cricket flour from our farm to the store. We are so happy to get these! Please keep sending them and we will keep posting the best here on our blog.
The following recipe is a new take on biscuits – cricket flour biscuits. They are gluten free, no wheat only cricket and almond flour. They also offer a nice protein boost while your treating yourself. You can read more about the cricket flour we produce at our farm here. Give the recipe a try a let us know how it went!
Cricket Protein Biscuits
- 70 g Cricket flour
- 50 g almond flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp cacao powder
- 60 g coconut oil
- A pinch of salt
- 40 g of cane sugar
- ½ tsp sodium bicarbonate
- 50 ml mineral water
- Egg white
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl (cricket flour, almond flour, cinnamon, cacao powder, salt, and cane sugar)
- Melt coconut butter and slowly add alongside the mineral water into the dry mix.
- Work the dough until uniform and not sticking and let rest in a fridge for 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough to 0,5 cm thickness and cut up into the biscuit shapes.
- Spread on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes at 150°C.
- Right after taking out of the oven smear egg white with a brush over each biscuit.