Cricket flour is gaining in popularity as a baking ingredient. We’ve been getting nice pictures and recipes for various delicious treats that you guys made since we added cricket flour from our farm to the store. We love them! Please keep sending them and we will feature the best here on our blog.
This following recipe will yield 25 delicious cookies. But these are not just any cookies. There is no white flour so they are gluten free and there’s also plenty of cricket flour so you can be sure these cookies carry a lot more protein than most cookies you’ve had. You can read more about the cricket flour we produce at our farm here. It’s a quick recipe to make, only 13 minutes for baking and maybe around 20 minutes for prep. Give it a try a let us know how it went!
Cricket Protein Cookies
- 100 g Cricket flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 30 ml mineral water
- 120 g dark chocolate (79 % cocoa)
- 80 g peanuts
- 5 tbsp date syrup
- 4 bananas
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- Mix cricket flour, baking powder, cinnamon, cut up dark chocolate, pieces of banana, and chopped peanuts in a bowl.
- Add date syrup, eggs, mineral water, and melted coconut butter into the dry mix.
- Work the mixture until thick.
- Lay piles of the dough with a spoon on a baking paper.
- Bake at about 13 minutes at 190°C.
- Let cookies cool on the heated-up baking tray.